Tuesday, August 25, 2015

'don't forget'

Hello there! I would like to share my first August project for 2 Crafty chipboard.

'don't forget'



For this layout I started with this gorgeous photo of the inimitable Frida Khalo, who inspires me so much. If you have never seen her art before please go here to read more about her.
I loved this pose and the texture of the wall behind her and I thought this Prima 
'Timeless Memories' paper was just perfect for this page.

Here are a few close ups...


I saw on my friend (and Lead Designer at Scraps of Elegance) Lisa Novogrodski's blog 'Living in Color' some Stampendous embossing powders called 'Encrusted Jewels' that I had to have. I bought some in several different colors, here I used a copper powder and then I embossed over that using white embossing powder with gold glitter on my 2 Crafty chipboard called 'Groovy Flowers'.


I also used some chipboard called 'Flower Bunch', and for these I painted them with a coat of white acrylic paint and then used some pink and peach gelatos to add color. I rubbed the edges with dark brown ink to give them an aged look.

For some incredibly inspiring and beautiful projects using 2 Crafty Chipboard please visit their blog here. To find out where to buy 2 Crafty products please go here. And don't forget to check out the 2 Crafty Youtube channel here.

I would like to enter my layout in a challenge I found on 'Evolution Scrap',
called 'Peach Mood'...for more info please go here.
I was inspired by the flowers and the peach tones.




Finally I used some of my new Finnabair stamps....I can't seem to do a page without
butterflies! 

I hope I have inspired you a little today...
Thanks so much for visiting!
Lisa xo








10 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa aren't those embossing powders fabulous! So many fun things you can do with them! gorgeous page and your embossing came out heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING....love how you've altered the chippy & how it seems to come out of the bg pp....it really looks beautiful and SOOO make Freda the focal point. You always inspire me...now if I can just find some time to scrap...sigh:/!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lisa - this is fantastic! I love the story about the painter - she sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your elegant, beautiful pages.I love how you keep your colour palette simple but so interesting with small details, not easy to do. Beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the embossing powders on the chipboard - gives a great texture and look. Love all your details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely exquisite - a stunning page to showcase this amazing artist :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Очень атмосферно, супер! Спасибо от блога ES!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice and complex work! Thank you for attention to the Evolution Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Шикарная страничка!
    Спасибо, за участие в задании от Evolution-Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...