Thursday, April 9, 2015

'bring on the adventure...'

Hello there crafty friends....so glad you dropped by!

I am back to share another layout using the March Scraps of Elegance kit called 'Anna's Daydream'..

'bring on the adventure....'


Did you know that each month there is a beautiful new mood board to be inspired by over at The Scraps of Elegance/Darkness Facebook community? You can find challenges, swaps, inspiration and a lovely group of girls all sharing their passion for creating...
Please go here to join in the fun and to see the rules for entering the challenge.
This month's board was created by Fena, a designer for Scraps of Darkness. 
To see more of her beautiful work please visit her blog 'Paper Memories'.


Isn't it lovely? I was inspired by the earthy colors, the old books, and the keys.

Here are a few close ups...


I used the Blue Fern Studios chipboard piece called 'Kimmy's Window' that came with the kit as the perfect backdrop to my photo of a girl reading by a window. I then took the gorgeous peach colored Prima flower apart and used the different pieces underneath my photo.


The 'No 3' paper from 7 Dots Studio was the perfect base for my cream colored flowers. I loved the cotton lace that came with the kit, one of my favourite embellishments to add to a page. I tucked in one of the metal pieces and then finished it all with a 7 Dots Studio sticker. 
Some of the best adventures ever are the ones found in books :)


This key was from a past Scraps of Elegance kit...I am on my third layout with this months kit and still have quite a bit left to create with! For more info on our kits please go here...


I found an unusual sketch that I saw on a cool Russian challenge blog called ArtUgolok.
....I am a bit infatuated with Russian blogs at the moment...so much beautiful work! 

Here is the sketch...


For more info on this challenge please go here....


“The world was hers for the reading.” 

Hugs, Lisa xo












9 comments:

  1. It's so gorgeous! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! This layout is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you used the earthy colors and that amazing sketch that you found! Your photo and beautiful design are simply amazing, as always, my friend! I hope all is well with you! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo beautiful Lisa! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an unsual page for you but it worked just great as every time!!! Love it! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunner and then some Lisa! I love the design and your soft cluster surrounding the photo. I adore those subtle butterflies. A gorgeous page from such a talented lady! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...this page is just amazing! I really love this design and the beautiful soft colours! Just love this so much! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing logout! Beautiful colours! I like vintage foto here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful page! Thanks to ArtUgolok!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Очень красиво и романтично! Так трогательно и нежно...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...