Saturday, August 24, 2013

Everyday....new layout for SATW


This lo is my entry for the August challenge at Scrap Around the World. I LOVED the mood board and sketch this month. I was inspired (obviously!) by the peach color in the mood board, I have never scrapped this color before, and the photo of all the jewelry and charms, so I added a few charms and rhinestones. I loved the sketch with the circles as well, I used some of Finnabair's prima clear circles which I loved how they looked. I also used Finnabair's Prima Sunrise Sunset paper which I just adore. I fiddled around with this for weeks, so I am kind of late, but there is still time to enter! Challenge closes tomorrow. Thanks for looking! Hugs, Lisa XO

August 2013 Challenge 4 - A Hauntingly Evocative & Enchanting Mood Board from Eila Sandberg


EXAMPLES OF HOW THE MOOD BOARD CAN INSPIRE YOU!

1.  You could be inspired by THE COLOURS - some of them, all of them, or one of them!

2.  You can use ANY colours & DO NOT need to follow the colours of the mood board at all
 if you are inspired by SOMETHING ELSE on the board instead.

3.  You can be inspired by any of the images, some of the images or all of them!

For example:-  you could use - Ruffles, chain, bling, rhinestones, clear dots, 
pearls, gold, glitter, hearts, metal embellishments, bows, silver, metallics, 
antique-inspired embellishments, jewelled clusters, leaves, feathers, berries, 
vines, twigs, twine, stickpins, flowers, ribbons, crochet, misting, confetti, sprinkles, 
gesso, vellum or ANYTHING ELSE that springs to mind when you look at the mood board.

REMEMBER TO TELL US WHAT INSPIRED YOU UNLESS IT IS OBVIOUS :)


How to use our sketches

Use our sketch as your staring point as we would like to see that it definitely inspired you!
  Feel free to 'make it your own' by flipping it, turning it, inverting it & moving things about if you like but  
PLEASE DO NOT DEPART FROM IT ENTIRELY!  

You can also change the photo orientation & number of photos to be as few or as many as you like.


WHAT YOU NEED TO DO!

1.   Be inspired by ANY ASPECT of our mood board 
(this could be just ONE aspect, many aspects or EVERY aspect!)  
Let us know what inspired you unless it is obvious!
AND
2.  Use our sketch as your starting point 
(We need to SEE that you started off with our sketch - 
no need to follow it entirely but please it needs to be visible in your layout).

3.  Both the sketch & mood board images
 OR THE COMBO IMAGE OF BOTH 
MUST appear in your challenge entry.

4.  You must mention in your post that you are playing along at 
Scrap Around The World & link back to us.

5.  Link us please to YOUR BLOG POST NOT your entire blog.

6.   Turn off your word-verification if you would like some
 of our Design Team members to comment on your entry.

7. Please check our RULES OF PLAY HERE before you begin your entry!



5 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa! Glad to see you back at SATW!! Really appreciate you sharing your talent with us!!! This is completely awesome as always!!! I wanted to offer you a space on the blog next month to do a photo or video tutorial for us. Let me know via email if this is something you would be interested in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so beautiful . Love your background work. Adore that photo, I've been thinking of doing one of the many selfies of my grand daughter who seems to do heaps of her eyes & part of her face. You have given me the inspiration to give it a go. I now have only to choose the one. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning layout Lisa, thanks so much for sharing your work with us at SATW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page I like your background work and how the board inspired you♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...